Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Lifeeeeee

Life is crazy! I am learning, though. And I like learning. Because I never see the point of doing something if my goal isn't to improve, to persist, to go forth. And if I don't have the desire to reach higher, then I'm not motivated. Like working out, for example. I don't have a desire for big muscles, or washboard abs. I just want to be happy and healthy. And I am happy. Pretty healthy, but happy. So motivation = 0.


Funny how Rachel is starting the 21 day challenge with working out, and I started a 21 day challenge from YouVersion. It's a devotional plan that is applicable to life. I'm on day 2, and so far, I've already learned a LOT. And God has reminded me he loves me. A LOT. :) And I'm super psyched to continue. Day 2 was a challenge, though. They suggested writing a "To-Do" list. Now you may or may not do that on a regular basis, but I avoid that like the plagueeee. Because I don't want to have monotony in my day. I rebel against doing the same stuff every day (which is why school is bumming me out so hard)... but God spoke to me in that moment, and lately He has been speaking, (He's always speaking, it's just been a while since I've heard) so I'm ALL EARS guys.


And He told me, to summarize, that He is with me in every thing I do. I was telling Him how I feel like I miss Him when I'm working out, or doing school, or even working at Auntie Anne's, because I'm not actually sitting on my little rug and praying. But He basically laughed and said that was a big fat EXCUSE. And it wasn't a judgmental laugh-- I started laughing, too. Because He started telling me how He is there all the time, and that my entire life can be an exhalation of worship to Him if I let it, and to limit Him to the area of my little rug is RIDICULOUS. Because He is inside me, loving me. Then I got all these amazing flashbacks to when He spoke to me on various runs I would go on, and how working out was a big part of my healing in 2013.


So now, I'm more motivated. It's only day 2, but I'm so ready to start rebuilding my life. I really let time with God go these past few weeks. I don't mean reading my Bible, because I did that, but what's the point without a true relationship connection? What I mean by 'time with God' is that I haven't invited Him into every part of my life lately. My school, my SAT's, my work, my health, my food choices, my free time choices, my social networking choices... I've shut Him out.


No more. 2015 is the year of INTIMACY with God. And reclaiming what I've let Satan take from me. God returns all that was taken from you. Nothing is taken from your heart that God cannot restore. He is Healer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment