"he protects all of his bones, not one of them will be broken." (v. 20)
The reason that hit me was because I know that Christians CAN break their bones and have, multiple times. I've sprained my ankle before and I was actually born with an extra bone on my left foot. My bones have seen trouble, so when I saw this, I knew it was prophetic of something. I knew there was a meaning deeper than I could see.
And this verse had a little letter next to it, that transferred me to another verse. I don't remember the exact verse, but it basically went like this:
"These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken." (John 19:36)
And that blew me away.... Woah, David is talking about Jesus! So reading the complete sentence in Psalm 34, from v 19 to v 20, we find THIS little gem:
"The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all of his bones, not one of them will be broken."
So JESUS is the righteous person!! It's not me!! I am not righteous! I am not worthy! I am on God's mind simply because He loves me. I wear robes of white simply because God loves me. Simply because JESUS was the righteous man, JESUS took the cross. I am fully loved but fully undeserving. Humility feels much lighter than my pride. He surely knows best.
No comments:
Post a Comment