I have been struggling lately with comparison. I haven't been using it to make myself seem bigger like I usually do, but I actually found a new way to compare: I have been looking around at other Christians (basically just other people) and seeing life looks so different than normal logic that most everyone seems to go by. But I am talking with human reasoning, and not the mind of Christ. And I get that now. That outward appearance doesn't match the heart. That circumstances that seem good doesn't mean it benefits your heart, and circumstances that seem bad can actually be beneficial for you.
I may not seem successful on the outside. I refuse to name all the things that make me weak, but I rejoice now in naming what makes me strong. Only one thing; Jesus. Outward successes and failures can't compare to the world, and their standards. I can't compare myself to their standards. I need to hold myself to the Word, and that is IT. They call it the narrow road for a reason; few are upon it. It is impossible to find the right standard in the world.
Keep me upon it, Lord. Keep me upon the narrow road. As I start my last year of high school, there are incredible temptations. I long to forsake the world. May I always be with you. The world has nothing for me that matters. You are what I long to invest in. You are my lighthouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment