Give me all of you! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man, but to KILL IT! I don’t want to only prune a branch: rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self-in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart. -C.S. Lewis
I have been listening to Matt Chandler all day and have been so convicted. I haven't felt convicted from a sermon in a really long time. I felt so burdened by my church and how it wasn't meeting my needs, instead of turning to God to meet my needs through the brokenness of this church. Maybe soon we can leave, but in the mean time, God is what fulfills me.
I have been reading Hosea in the Bible and have felt this overwhelming swell in my heart as I read that God is my Husband... how intimate that is! And the fact that it's Biblical! I've heard it before but scoffed it as the whole "Jesus is my boyfriend" thing, but wowwww, this is so much greater! No longer is He regarded as master, but as lover! As friend! My heart is overwhelmed. I'm just full of joy this Saturday.
That's really cool because I just started reading Hosea too! =] Great book. I love it really just personalized God's Daddy heart toward us too, and how we punch and scream hatred at a him and run away, His enamored love and pursuit never stops. So incredible.
ReplyDeleteAs for your church, I'm glad you're getting a burden for it. I think there's a lot of God's glory you bring to it without even trying.