Friday, April 18, 2014

Acceptance and Deliverance

I'm learning acceptance lately. I'm learning what it means to be accepting when others have differing beliefs than I do in the gray areas of the faith that don't matter as much as love, truth, and Jesus. As a church, we are all in different places on the narrow road, and I don't want to judge someone based on where I am, but see them as God sees them; His child. I was there, I was worse, and now I am moving on. I am not at the end. There is more to discover, more to reach for. The stability may have increased in my faith, but this is not the end. I want more of His love and more of His presence daily in my life. I know it is endless.
But it also frightens me. I don't want to scare people. I don't want to be alone, or too far ahead. Not that I think I am so above everyone else. I never want to be so prideful! I don't want them to see me as unapproachable, as I can come across as quite opinionated sometimes. I'm figuring things out, and I'm trying to not apologize for that.
I don't want people to see my tears as insincere, or as a statement of my righteousness over someone elses. The Love that was shown on the cross moves me to tears sometimes, as I am so thankful to know truth! To find out you have believed a lie for a major part of your life is the worst feeling. And that's what I felt when I realized I was completely and intimately loved by God. Not just a "God is love" bumper sticker kind of love. But a real love.
But I moved on from the regret of believing the lies, because soon, this won't have been the major part of my life. My childhood becomes more of a fond memory to look on. The regrets aren't as vivid, but the positive memories come flooding in. I am being restored from my past, as it is indeed the past. I have a future with hope. And I want to follow after that with all I have.
So, in short, I apologize if I ever seem too opinionated, or like I think I know it all. I don't. I really, really don't. Please feel the weight of my words as I try and type them: I want to learn. I know you do, too. Be patient with me. I will be patient with you. Let's walk together. You go ahead, I'll fall behind, catch up later, and I may even drag you behind me. There is no right place to be on this journey. We are where we are. And I love you for it.

Romans 3:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment