You know what I'm talking about; one of those days, where you are incredibly aware of all of the areas in your life you lack?
I'm having one of them right now.
I write that out to remember; I am an imperfect being, and I want to remember that forever and ever. I never want to think that something good I did was because I myself am a good person. Any good in me now can be complimented only by God's grace.
I have been feeling immature, inadequate, and just downright not beautiful. I don't say that to ask for sympathy, as thousands (if not millions) of people struggle with the same feelings.
I am writing this because as I have just turned 16, I don't want to ever forget the good God has done within me, and I don't want you to forget, dear reader, the good God has done in you.
He is working constantly in me, turning me more and more into a better, more clear reflection of His Son. I will never BE Jesus, which I sometimes get confused by. I will always hold flaws and mistakes, but I long to hold more of Him, and that is something God can work with.
I share this with you to encourage you to ask God for more love for Him. Because the more we ask for His love, the more we will receive. The more wisdom we ask for, the more God will provide and life will become clearer, more beautiful. There may be benefits to seeking God, but the greatest benefit is just sitting in His presence, knowing how close He is to you. I pray that you feel God deeply today, and that he is inside of you more powerfully than you have ever felt Him to be.
//
All of that is true. I just felt in a poetic-writing-honest mood, and I thought I'd share it in the form of a typical blog post, instead of my usual un-organized rants.
Anywho, I am hopefully going to spend less time on Facebook this week and more time focusing on school work and writing and just living off of the computer. Going to read more, too- books are good. I miss them.
PRAISE REPORT: I have about half of my mission trip money!!!!!! :D Legit chills, guys. This is really happening. I went to the doctor, I have my papers, and I am filling out more of them as the days progress. This WILL happen! Keep the prayers coming; they're working. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment