People tell you that circumstances aren’t a reflection of
God’s love, but they need to include that feelings
are not a reflection of His love either. When emotion and security was gone,
all that was left were His promises. I clung to them, harder than I have ever
in my life. I am not going to make myself sound perfect here, though. See, there
were times I asked why, and times I indulged into self pity. This has shown me
my completely imperfect nature. This has also shown me more of God’s grace.
These two things have produced a lot of humility, but also a lot of confusion.
This has also showed me my complete desire to be perfect as
God is perfect. I cannot be perfect, yet
I desire to. And yet I do the things I hate (I hope that makes sense). You see
my struggle? It’s the struggle of every Christian. I realize I am not home
here.
I have some regrets as to how I have handled it, but at the
same time, I see how God has been strengthening me. I have grieved the Holy
Spirit at times, and I am in repentance, which is not a pain-free experience. I pray I savor the lessons, the
sorrow, and the abundance of blessings found in the small things of life.
To get into some life-details, we moved last Monday. It was
crazy and intense. We had McDonalds for breakfast—not the healthiest choice,
but I love going out for breakfast!!
The movers came right after, packed up our things and unpacked them in about an
hour or so, which left a lot of time for unpacking… I took lots of pictures of
the process and the empty rooms (they didn’t know of course. ;)) It was sad,
but not too sad. It didn’t feel like home anymore, so it was relatively easy.
I thought I injured my leg; it was hurting all day and some
of the next, but it went away on day 3. Must’ve pulled a muscle or something; I
am SO glad that went away, thank you God.
I thought I had a cold (still do) but it’s been improving. I’ve been feeling happier and my thinking has been clearer. :]
I thought I had a cold (still do) but it’s been improving. I’ve been feeling happier and my thinking has been clearer. :]
Unpacking has been alright. A lot of cleaning had to be
done; we moved in early, before the place was officially ready. The landlords
were very nice, letting us move in early. It’s nice helping them out, too. It
feels more like ours this way. And I love my new room. ^_^ My harp is in there. I practice more now! x) Found a lot of great music.
My birthday is in three days, and I am so excited! My 16th
year of existence is going to be a good year, no matter what. It’s not a matter
of what happens, but how I respond to it. I am going to IHOP for breakfast on
the day, but cake and presents will be later in the month. I am definitely getting
a phone; hopefully the LG840G!! At first I wanted an iPhone, but pretty much
everyone over the age of 12 has one…. I don’t want to live on my phone, either, and
with an iPhone, I probably would. xD
Starting an old/new (my dad had the copy, and I just found
it now) 1-year devotional book from Charles Spurgeon on my birthday; I think
that will definitely make my 16th year of life even better. ^_^ I’ve
read some, and it’s so inspiring and poetic; so beautiful. Spurgeon was a great
man! I’ll probably understand more of it as I get older, but I understand enough so that it has really enriched my morning. Not many 16 year olds read Spurgeon, I know. Hopefully I'm not shunned for my desire to read good books. >.> Either way, I'm loving it. xD
The struggle of every Christian... amen, amen, AMEN! @_@ ;) Have you ever read "The Pursuit of Holiness"? It's one of my favorites, and spends a good bit of time on this struggle. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a 16-year-old like few others, sweet girl. ;) Let the world o.o at you for it! It's as it should be. ;) As is your pleasure in good books either way. x)