I read this guy’s blog post, and I know he’s right, but I
have many reservations about it. I wish I didn’t, but that’s just me, being
imperfect.
First of all, I’ll confess; I’m the type that will clench my
butt (read the post to get it xD) when someone curses in church. I just think
that people should know better than to church in the house of God. I mean, we
have come to learn about Him, not talk in a grotesque manner. But, I don’t
really leave freedom for failure, do I? And I fail a lot. I am sorry for being
tense. I am sorry for being unforgiving. I need to work on it—no; I need to let Jesus work on it.
However, I do have one reservation that I know is true;
sometimes people don’t have exciting personalities. It’s not that their
religion is making them boring. Like for real, I am actually boring. No, that’s
not a self-inflicted insult; I’m just a very simple person. And that’s okay. Some
people aren’t, “Party hard!” 100% of the time. I am not, and neither are a lot of
other people (I hope). It’s just who they are.
My definition of fun can be hanging with friends for an
afternoon, yes, but sometimes I like to just talk one on one with someone I
really care about. I wish I was the kind of person that can be 100% perk to
everyone 100% of the time, no matter their personality. There is someone like
that in my life, and I’m thankful for them, but geez, it gets kind of weird
sometimes. o_O I’m like, “Hey, um, what are you trying to do here? I DON’T
UNDERSTAND YOU!” And sometimes I don’t even understand myself.
Anyway—just some things that have been on my mind since
reading said post. Its day 30 before I go on my trip!!! I finally passed the
one month mark. ;) Sent in the final letters, I sent in my paper work, and I got
the address for where I will be dropped off. On the actual day, I will have to
wake up at about 5 or 6 a.m. to be there by 9 o’clock. See, the drive is 75
miles up to Pinebush NY, and we need breakfast, and we all need to get ready,
so YEAH, I am pretty psyched. Some probably wouldn’t be, waking up that early,
but waking up will be for an incredible reason, and so I actually don’t care.
Yeah… it’s going to be a good 30 days. ^_^
I wouldn't say you're boring, just because you're not all extroverted all the time. ;) Not unless I'm boring too. xD And if that's the case, I like boring. ^_^ Peaceful, nu?
ReplyDeleteYes... It's sad that some Christians don't keep their speech edifying. But you're completely right, everyone is traveling their own journey and fighting their own battles. To be gracious and prayerful is a good thing. :)
30 days! :O Woohoo! ^_^ What are the exact dates you leave and return?