But I also want to travel, go places, visit the world, etc... I don't want to be one of those people that live in one place their entire lives. This one guy at church has stayed in Harrison, New York for most, if not all, of his life. I really, REALLY, don't want to stay in New York my entire life. I love New York, but I am 100% confident that there is so much more for me out there, that God has beautiful things out there that He wants me to see. I want to see them.
My prayer is the two can work together; traveling and playing music, and God will allow HIS plan to prevail. If He wants something else to take the forefront, go right ahead, Jesus! But oh man, this is really interesting to me. Not for certain, but definitely something I'm looking into.
There are cons: it is hard for me personally to see them all being old. xD I know that sounds stupid, shallow, and quite condescending, but I really hope you get why I am saying this. You probably know the stereotype... the high-waisted pants; the silken shirts; the smooth, gentle voice; all of it just rattles me a wrong way, you know? I know that is only the stereotype, and there is probably so much more out there. But the majority of the old women at the harp convention I went to wore this type of outfit. And it drove me crazy.
Despite my stupid dislike for the typical stereotype, and obvious fears, today I took a shaky step and I asked my harp teacher about music therapy. She said she would be happy to give me some information, so that is what I am going to look at. I think maybe I can bring something different to the harp community.
The harp world is very small; there are some harpists that have already heard of me and know who I am, because I am connected with Kristi Shade, a very popular harpist and harp teacher. So hopefully they won't reject me for the ideas that I want to bring.
Big surprise here, but I would like to bring my faith into harp therapy. Playing hymns for the patients, reading to them the lyrics, talking with them about the inner peace and joy God can bring them. Letting them know of the good news, and praying for them, and maybe even over them.
Oh, and God answered my prayer about the mission trip: Turns out I am not going on the Oswego one, but I am going to Staten Island, which is in New York City, and I am going to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy!! I am soooo excited!! I don't know exactly when, but it is cheaper than the Oswego trip. They said the Oswego trip is meant more for middle schoolers also.
In Staten Island, I would probably remove some debris from the streets, help stock food shelves, etc... I don't know details. Training is in the first week, while the trip is in the second. I am so excited, and 1,000,000% thankful that God has heard my prayers and desires to go traveling. The opportunity is here, and I am going to take it.
I will continue to pray for the day when I can leave the country; either short or long term. I will pray for the homeless, the parent-less the lonely, the abused and confused, and I ask God I can tangibly help them in some way. That I will not prevent myself from doing what God wants me to do. That I will not get in the way, but I would die to myself, and He would rise up within me, and take control like the roaring Lion He is. I love Him, and He loves me, and I pray that whatever career-path I take would bring glory and honor to Him. That He would honor my steps, and I would glorify Him in all I do and not bring attention to myself.
I pray the same for you, dear reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment