Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lent - Productivity (Happy anniversary, Mum and Pop!) XD

Ephesians 5:15-17 - Therefore, be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand the will of the Lord.
God's will for us is to give our entire lives as a sacrifice to Him. To completely offer ourselves up to Him. It may be overwhelming to think of, but it's not as hard as we make it out to be. Sure, it takes a lot of sacrifice on our part, but it's day by day, moment by moment. Giving our entire day to Him.
Even more simply, it's giving our hour to Him. What are you doing right now? Reading this post, I assume. What should you be doing? Why aren't you doing it? Go do it, right now.

Because of Lent, I am increasing my productivity. Starting photography, drawing more often, studying HTML, etc... There is a world to see, a life to live, and I am going to do as much as I can to take it all in.
It's not easy, no. But with the help from the Holy Spirit, the burden is much easier to bear.
This verse really hit home for me. I liked the ESV the best:
Philippians 3:12 - Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment