Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am:

  • surviving the worst cold I have ever had. (Think cough attacks that make you gag, body temperatures ranging from sweating to shivers, and exhaustion that makes it hard to do basically anything you should.) I'm better than I was, but OH MAN, it was bad. Had to take disgusting medicine. >_< Literally the worst thing I've ever had.
  • learning how to play the guitar. c: I'm learning Beautiful Things by Gungor at the moment. A very simplified version of course, but it fits with the song, and I love singing it! Playing guitar is sooo much fun! I think I'm getting strumming, finally. ^_^
  • gaining a lot of weight. :( I'm not exaggerating. It doesn't show as much as I thought, but it is weighing on me (get it? XD) to know I gained that much. Not going on a diet, but I AM cutting back in some areas and working out. The word diet.... please, no. My mum is helping me. ^_^ She was nice about it. I hope this works. I will update!
  • really joyful! I am not going to be prideful and say "It's not stopping!" like I usually do, because all good things come to an end sometime. I have learned that; it's humbled me. Yes, there are bad moments, bad weeks, and months, and maybe there will even be the occasional bad year. But there are beautiful moments there, and those are meant to be cherished. They come from God, don't forget to thank Him. And that's when it all feels right. 
  • accepting my weaknesses, and accepting the fact I have no clue where the heck I'm going to be in 5 years. Even 3 years. Even 1 year. It's all in God's hands.
  • learning to accept the fact that I don't think I'll ever understand God's callings on my life, because that would basically be understanding my whole future. And God. And I don't need to, or even WANT to do that. As Francis Chan said, "What a stunted, insignificant God THAT would be!" What a stunted, insignificant LIFE that would be. Adventure comes from the unexpected. x) Adventures start from the unknown.
  • learning a lot from things I never thought I would. From people I never thought I would. God made people of such diversity. We can learn from anyone!
That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment