2nd Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
I'm full of weaknesses, and I've always looked down on them. I can't get through a harp performance without getting a whole lot of anxiety, I mess up what I want to say sometimes, I think a lot more than I'd like, and sometimes that gets me in trouble. But God, He wants to use me with my weaknesses. He wants me to perform on the harp a lot, He wants me to speak to others and to not hide from other people, and He wants me to truly enjoy life and not always spend time in my head. And I would dislike myself because of my weaknesses, but He wants to use me with them, not without them.
So yes, I do have my strengths in being a Christian. I'm a lot stronger than I was a year ago, and I'm getting stronger every day. But my weaknesses always weighed down on me. I always wanted to be known as the girl full of God. I wanted the weaknesses to be GONE.
While I DEEPLY desire to be a stronger Christian, and it's one of the best desires a Christian can have, it's not the most important thing to be seen as strong, to be seen as a good person. It's more important to actually be close to God, and people will naturally see that, whether you are a good speaker, or anxiety-free.
I'm not saying it's wrong to be a strong Christian and to be seen as such. I mean, DUH, that makes no sense. xD But what I did say makes sense, at least to me. I don't really have a full grasp on this idea yet, but it's in my head, and I want to remember it, so I'm blogging it. v.v
So the big idea is yes, I have my weaknesses, but Abba is in the business of using the broken, weak things of this world to do incredible things!
This has been a post.
No comments:
Post a Comment