Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reminder to myself

You don't have to read- just a blog post I saw I need to remember.

I'm taking a break from Facebook and blogs for now. This blog thing made me realize it. I've been living in fear, even now. Fear of the future is coming back to choke me- fear of school is coming- fear of everything... fear of what others think, fear of everything but Him, which I'm so thankful. He is enough for me. No doubts, He WILL help me. When is the question.
This fear needs to go now, in His name. Going to just pursue His heart, because He WILL help me. I just need to make myself available to Him.
Fear is the opposite of love. God, pour down Your love.

I recently wrote a blog about the thing we fear the most.
After reading the post, a friend asked me this question: “How do you do this? How do you wake up every day and practically overcome?”
Obviously, I have to respond, but more than that I want to respond.
Fear fights on the battlefield of our minds. It’s an emotion, but it has its beginnings in our thinking.
Fear is a mindset, which produces emotions and reactions. Over time they become consistent, creating a lifestyle. You can live in fear and not even realize it.
So, how do you overcome?
It’s simple, but hard.
You must take action.
Not a mere swipe of effort or moment of prayer; you must get aggressive.
You must retrain and reeducate your mind with the word.
You must pummel fear with prayers of faith.
You must do the thing you fear.
And, you must do these things every day until it’s gone.
Do you want to heal the sick, but fear they won’t get well? Pray for every sick person you see.
Does your heart burn for nations, but you fear flying? Find a nation, buy a ticket and go.
Do you dream of doing something different with your life, but fear for money keeps you where you’re at? Quit your job and pursue your purpose.
Overcome fear with faith; fight the good fight and win.
It’s possible to live without fear and fully fulfill your purpose.
So, I ask you just one question: how will you take action today?

No comments:

Post a Comment