Thursday, November 8, 2012

Changes- Good and Bad

I am just so happy right now; my cold is getting better, I got some medicine for my cough, I'm less tired (all though I woke up coughing a lot at 3 a.m.) but more than that, I am just so happy!! However, the world has been not so great lately.
I was really hoping Romney would become president; I have no expectations for Obama, to be honest. I know God is in control, and I think all of the people I see complaining on Facebook should take into consideration who allowed this to happen; God. Obama is president for a reason; whether God wants to teach America a lesson or not is up to Him.

When I hear struggles my friends are going through, I just frown because they are caused by them. They don't need to be doing this to themselves; and it truly is somethings they are doing to themselves. And I don't want to get into details, but I hope you know what I'm talking about because I am completely lost on this matter. I just look at some of my friends and think how pointless it all is. It's sad, because I'm not in a place to tell them they are harming themselves, too.
These friends are supposedly Christian to, and it sucks, because they wouldn't be going to these things for "happiness" if they truly had Jesus and knew of Him, would they? I don't know- sometimes I wish I did- other times I'm glad I don't. Maybe they do have Jesus, but just forget He's there, but it certainly doesn't seem that way. I shouldn't be a judge of that. And I'm not. Agh, it's just hard to watch. I just wish they knew what they were missing out on.

God is seriously my best friend. I can just go to Him and tell Him, "Lord, I don't know... but You do. And that's alright." And peace fills me. I am filled with His peace so much! Relief from the cold combined with His peace has me feeling so beautiful. He's helped me figure out things, too. I'm not alone, and He is incredible. So powerful, too.
I've been hearing a lot of sermons/messages that I haven't wanted to hear, like the end times, or of God's judgement, or of messing up and sinning. A lot of times I don't think I need to hear it, but lately I've been realizing these are the messages I need to hear the most. All Christians do. And it really adds so much to my relationship with God. He is becoming my everything. I am so in love!

August 2010
Hmmm... here is a picture of me at 13 years old... I have mixed feelings when I think back on that time. I wanted everyone to like me and was sort of desperate for attention. But this was right before the 8th grade-- that's what I love about this. I was going to start NorthStar that fall, and I was going to encounter God in incredible ways, I was going to feel love in ways I never had, and meet people that changed my life. I was going to make decisions that changed it as well. And I didn't know it, and in my eyes in this pic I can see that I really didn't know it. And it excites me because my life is sooo great right now, but God has so much more planned, and everyone keeps telling me that, and now I can believe it.
The best part, though? I can wait on the Lord- God has my whole life planned. I don't have to worry what will happen in college/after college, etc... God will take care of me, just like He did when I was 13. :]
I know it's only been 2 years, but those 2 years have been quite the adventure. More specifically, this year, of 2011 to 2012. I do not say this as to say I am grown up now, but how I found all that I need in Jesus, and yet He gives me so much more in life. <3 I am most definitely a teenager- messy, awkward, not yet responsible... but I am on the right path. And I do not know many people my age that are. I am thankful God showed it to me anyway.
Have I reached the end? No. Will I? Someday. Right now, I'm saying all this so you should know I am enjoying the path. Oh, how He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment