Hello there. You need to know what the deal is; who you are, and what you need to do about it.
Who are you? Why, you are accepted! You are accepted, and you are beloved.
Surprised? You shouldn't be. I'm sorry that I've been mistreating you. You are beautifully, fearfully, and wonderfully made. And cared for. And adored. I'm so sorry I've been ignoring these facts. Jesus loves you, you're His baby, His angel. He sees who you are and all of the false masks you put on. The ones in front of your family, your friends, in formal gatherings, etc... You have a whole collection. Yes, you have a collection. Not just one mask; you see, this isn't a minor issue.
Oh look, you put up another mask now; this one claims things are chill, claiming it's no big deal, and life is roses.
It could be. It should be.
"What is wrong, darling?" Jesus asks kindly. He cares. You can't fool Him. Do you know how pathetic you are, standing in front of Jesus with all of this spiritual makeup? He knows the girl underneath, He doesn't know this propped up self. Maybe that's what Jesus will mean when He will say to some 'Christians,' "I never knew you! Away from me, you evil doers!"
Shocking, you say? As it should be. Don't soften the issue, you need to know this, beautiful. The only thing that matters and has substance is love. It's nothing less, it's nothing more. Spiritual gifts and powerful manifestations of God's glory don't COMPARE to love. Why? Because when they have true value, they come from love.
So what do you do now? Learn to love! Learn to accept yourself, love Jesus, and embrace His love. Love the least of these, you say? Darling, that's you! Embrace that you are nothing...... WITHOUT Jesus and His love, which teaches you to love, and spread it to others, which is the most powerful witness ever.
Allow your nothingness to chase you to Jesus.
Okay, false masks, I see you all are melting under the fire in His eyes now.
I might just stay here for a while.
All I can say is thanks for holding me together for this long. It's time for me to be open and real with everyone now, though. To be God's child, and embrace who I really am. It's time for me to be who I am and accept it. And allow the acceptance of my emptiness to bring me to my knees.
We are all scarred; some small, some large, but we ALL have scars we carry around.
Pride says, "No it is only I with the scars..."
Arrogance says, "No one can fix me..."
Be real, be open, be who you were called to be: Free.
Be filled with Jesus, and what He did. Every second, in and out, all around, up and down, never deny it, because to deny Him is to deny life. Rejoice in it, allow it to blind the world out. May you live only from the spring of Love; Jesus.
So yes, imposter, I bid you farewell. More importantly, HE bids you farewell.
Cordially,
Brianna Evelyn
I really hope this is a post that you don't delete. You're awesome, Brianna. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are one incredible friend, Rach. :) It's all Jesus. His love is moving in ways I never thought He would.
Delete