So I'm sitting here eating my (basically) daily bag of popcorn and marveling at this incredible truth:
God has feelings.
A few days ago my Dad and I were watching a (secular) show on the life of Jesus and proving He existed. It was also discussing the division between the rich people and the poor people. It was talking about how this must have affected Jesus. My Spirit was stirring in me as I was watching, but it didn't hit me why until today.
I got the Forgotten God book by Francis Chan and ended my school day early to dive into it's depths. And Francis was talking about the Holy Spirit having feelings. And that blows my mind! He continued saying that life today equates feelings with being weak. But oh, how wrong that is!
Feeling in a world that tells you to do the complete opposite is one of the bravest thing any man or woman could ever do. To cry, to smile, to dance through trials; these are not marks of one who is weak, but one who has Someone SO MUCH better and stronger, that we can't help but thank Him.
Jesus experienced poverty. Another mind blowing truth.
While He feels bad for the poor, He understands. He has been in EXTREMELY poor situations and has been persecuted (heck, even crucified) by those who are rich. He completely and utterly understands what we are going through. To feel rejected by those when you want to feel included, when you want those to understand that absolutely do not, is something God knows of.
He is not the half-looking man in a suit, throwing a quarter into the empty coffee jar of a beggar on the street. He sits down with us, talks with us as an understanding friend, lifts us up, and breaks us from spiritual poverty, which is far worse than worldly poverty.
I am getting to know this Spirit within me, and I am getting to know the Jesus around me, and I am getting to know the God above me. I have been trying to get to know the True God for about a year now. And yet He has made me see, I have only begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment