I want my life to be categorized by adventure, love, and Jesus. Another reason why I am interested in missions; every day is an adventure. But I'm talking about the present, about
now. I'm bummed that I didn't finish school earlier; this summer had no. adventure. at all.
I'd be lying if I said this summer was boring though, but it was a hard one; full of business, lessons, new responsibilities, but a whole lot of joy. A lot more than last years summer. Jesus wasn't a big part of last summer, that's why. He was a dream, really. He was something I was reaching for, but didn't know how to reach. Little did I realize my untouched Bible rested right in my bookshelf...
But this school year will be full of adventure also. And being 16 will be the BEST! Here are just some of the many possibilities for being 16:
- I will get my first phone(definitely!)
- I (think) I will get my first job
- I (Lord willing!) will go on my first missions trip
- I will finish school on time (definitely.)
I know a lot more will happen also. And I know also that being 15 will have it's adventures, too. I just don't know what they are yet; no clear direction is for this year. Grade-wise, I have ideas, but as for being 15, I have no clue what God is going to do. So far I've went to my first sleep-away camp, performed in my first harp ensemble, experienced love in multiple new ways, etc... I keep wanting to say that I figured out who I am as a person, but I have definitely figured out who I am in Christ (1 Peter 2:9), so I'm going to stick with that. Besides, figuring out who I am as a person (hopes, dreams, desires) is a whole nother adventure I can figure out with my Jesus. :}
P.S. I finished school!! Hallelujah, all the praise goes to Him. x)
That's really awesome!! =)
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on school! =DD
Ha, sounds a lot like my year when I was 16 too! xD But anyway enjoy where you are right now. ;) There's some good stuff coming.
ReplyDelete*starts a party* WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! YAY BRIANNA!!!!!! <)=DDDDDD CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!