Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye, Summer`12

I'm not really into blogging that much lately. It's not something that interests me as much as it used to. But it's not a big deal, I mean, I have other means of remembering what has been going on in my life.

Hmm... Next week I start the 10th grade! I'm so excited, also wishing I could have just one more week. But life continues to go on, and I feel as though this whole year went by too fast. October-December always go by so fast for me. I just don't know where it all went, or if I enjoyed it enough.

Yesterday I went to the pool for the last time all summer. It was so much fun, I was just talking to God the whole time, "Thanks for letting me enjoy my last swim, my last water slide ride, my last pretzel, my last...." I take so much for granted.

I finished the book of Hebrews and I am stunned. It holds so much content, and if I had to choose, that would be my favorite book of the Bible. It humbles you, convicts you, comforts you, and it shows Jesus in an awe-inspiring light. I had to read everything over twice, I was so amazed. I suggest you read it also. It will blow you away.

The most important lesson I learned this summer was that I have value in God's sight. I would take insult after insult, figuring that if I do it gracefully, I will be rewarded. But I had a huge wake up call after reading the gospels. I see that Jesus always stood up for himself. The only time He didn't was on the cross, and even then the silence ended up speaking more than words ever could. I have worth and God thinks I'm really special. c: I know it sounds all cliche and a bit weird, but in 1 Corinthians 13, love is also rejoicing in the truth. I will stand for truth, and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment