Friday, July 6, 2012

"When I was a child..."

God is blessing me right now! I love Him so much.

For English I am supposed to write an autobiography of sorts, so I am looking through my old journal entries. I am amazed at what a beautiful, Christ-filled kid I was. If only I knew it. My only regret is that I didn't know who I was in Jesus.

Little short pop-corn prayers I lifted up to Him in every entry. Every. Entry. I am so amazed; I have books full of entries. I can't believe I prayed that much, and abode so close to Him. According to the entries, I fully dedicated my life to Him on October 11th, 2011. It's been 9 months, I think. Wow.

Even before I realized what full commitment meant, I was still thinking of Jesus, and loving Him. Just from a distance. I am so thrilled that my childhood was touched with Him. I needed this. Thank you, Jesus, for keeping me close to you. I just can't believe it took me this long to realize it.

It's not something that matters for any Christian, but God knew it mattered to me personally, so this was great.

On that note, listen to one of my new favorite songs.


1 comment: