Monday, July 23, 2012

Poem- Friends

Made this as a release for a bad mood. Jesus is the ultimate friend, and I just wanted to direct my bummed-out mood on something other than myself. After writing it, I realized it holds a lot of meaning for someone who may have been a self harmer. I personally am not one, but the poem is still nice. I didn't edit it, so the rhythm might be off a bit.


Friends, friends, the hurt cuts deep
The lion never lies with the sheep
Love, love, the blood flows free
Rivers pool beneath me

Savior, savior, oh I need love
Float from Heaven like a dove
Jesus, Jesus, I can’t be healed?
Yet by the garden you do kneel

Chief of sinners that am I
Need a helping hand tonight
Friendless, friendless that I am
You promise to lend me a hand

Hurting? Hurting? Why are you, God?
Now for you I really sob
Do you need to do this now?
“Yes,” you whisper, “I took a vow.”

Savior, Savior, you gave love
Floating from heaven like a dove
Lord, Lord, why did you console?
This sinful man that is not whole?

Friends, friends, the hurt cuts deep
The Shepherd protects all us sheep
Love, love, His blood flows free
Rivers pool beneath the tree

3 comments:

  1. *reads* *reads again, slowly* It’s beautiful, Brianna… fascinating. I can see how it might be meaningful to a self harmer, though I wouldn’t have realized it if you hadn’t pointed it out. To me it sounds more metaphorical… and very striking images it paints. Such deep emotions it portrays. I can relate, in ways. Wonderful poem. =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. :) I'm glad you liked it. I realized after it holds a lot of different meanings, and I like that better than just one meaning. It makes it more personal. I'll post some more when I write it. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Yeah. =) I look forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete