Thursday, June 21, 2012

Doubt

A friend of mine told me that my artwork was incredible. My first reaction was, "Really? You REALLY think so?" Like I couldn't believe he thought that. I realize now how much I doubt myself in many areas, including being a Christian. I realize that I am not who I believe I am. God has blessed me with talents that He wants me to use for His glory and His glory alone. And these are blessings, truly.
I also realize that I take art seriously, and that's a good thing, but sometimes it's good to take a moment to just stop and think. Realize what a blessing it is to be able to create something that everyone enjoys. It's good to lift up your talents to Jesus and say, "Look, Lord, I made this for you. I love you. Thanks for everything."

I'm working up in my Living Crazy Love book, and they are asking some tough questions about my faith. But it's helping me see that I have been complacent lately. I have been using grace as my diving board to jump into a life that is not very fulfilling. I need to fight past my doubts and express to God in words, not just typed out prayers, that I truly love Him. And I mess up, a lot. And Christianity is very misunderstood, and I'm sorry that I started to misunderstand it as well.

I am learning so much from Him lately, and I am encouraged that He will do mighty things. Because He is Mighty to Save. Oh, and this song is basically amazing. It really reflects (no pun intended. xD) who I've been lately.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, He has given you a gift. ;) I'm glad you can enjoy it for His glory!

    Isn't it awesome learning lots from Him? =')

    Ooo! That's a great song!

    ReplyDelete