Sunday, June 24, 2012

Artwork, Sundays, and Bowling

Mm.... today is Sunday. Sundays are emotionally-draining, but definitely a time of excitement, because I just feel Jesus all excited in me.
Okay, I showed Audrey my Taylor Swift drawing at church, and she was flipping out! She loved it so much. She kept telling me to not touch it and keep it out of sunlight. Man, she was crazy! xD I don't know if I'm supposed to share this next part, but she said that she knows someone who works with Taylor Swift and she MIGHT be able to arrange something for me to give it to her personally.

O_O!!!!!!!!!!

I was very excited, but I felt bad though, because there are so many kids out there who have had Taylor's music change their lives, and here I am drawing her only because I think she's pretty.
Oh but trust me, there was enough excitement to go around. After a lot of shocked, "Really?"s, she just looked at me oddly, laughed, and said, "Calm down, she's just a person!" All too true, but you tell a kid they can meet a celebrity and you expect them to just say, "Oh, that sounds nice!" Come on, I did NOT see that coming. xD ...But she's also right, because I can't let this get to me. She didn't even say definitely.
So yeah, it was exciting and I shared with a few of my friends the possibility. They were psyched, too. ^_^
Still, I don't think my artwork is THAT great. I mean seriously, it will get better, but right now, I criticize myself highly. And I like that about myself. I want to stay humble and not think myself better than anyone else. I want Jesus to be my focus, I don't want all of this to get to me.
Oh, and Zack liked it, too. His sister said that it was better than his drawing for the contest. xD I don't know if she was joking or not, but it was really funny.

*sigh* So now I'm exhausted. I know church isn't supposed to be draining emotionally, but it is. It's too social for me. There isn't enough church-y-ness to it. I'm never truly excited to go there. I can get a much better lesson staying home and reading the Bible.
Speaking of Bible, I decided to get the Fire Bible Student edition instead of the other Bible. It's taken me so long to get my new Bible because of all these random expenses that needed to come first. Sigh... but finally, it will be mine! >:) Mwahahahaha.

A big highlight to this day: Rachel made a blog post, which I love. :'') Ahh, she is so right. I don't treat every day like it's my last, and I've been struggling with that concept lately. However, I find when I am conscious of it, I'm happier. Thinking of death makes me free to enjoy life and to love everyone with a bigger heart. I think it will for you too, dear reader.

We went bowling. I lost both times, but it was fun. They had disco lights and fake fire. xD So funny.

8 comments:

  1. =O Dude that is so awesome!!! I'm sure Taylor would love to see it. ;D
    I feel that way about youth group sometimes... It can be kind of taxing, even though it's exciting. But we're meant to be social beings, yeah? Socialness is good, if it's in the right... but I know what you mean. =P I think sometimes it's better to just spend time with Him instead if it's going to be like that. Like today I really wanted to go to church, but everyone wasn't feeling so great... Dad said he'd give me a ride if I wanted, but I ended up just staying home and Jay and I had a good talk. I think Jesus just prefered that instead. ;)

    Okay, so my response to the Fire Bible: *GASP* =O!!! ="DD AAAAHHHHH!!!! I'm super super sooo happy!!! xD And then Jamie laughed at me and gave me a <_<ish look... *cough* Right. Anyway. xD Fire Bible is THE best Bible I've ever had... The commentaries are awesome, and the pages on witnessing and stuff are awesome. I don't look through it enough. =P But I'm so glad you're getting one. ;) Where did you find it?

    I think you're a phenomenal artist. ;)And it's hard to keep balance, cause you're critical of your stuff, people tell you you're awesome, but you want to stay humble... It's hard. Just ask him for clear vision. I think it's important to see your strengths and weaknesses for what they really are... Realizing that yes, you are good, but not letting it go to your head. Just remember and strive to glorify Jesus with the gifts that He gives you.

    It's so freeing, isn't it? Living each day like it's your last... So easy to forget. But, it's like, your restrictions and barriers fall. You don't have to worry about what people think. Just... live, and live fully.

    Ha, I suck at bowling too. xD Disco lights and fake fire sound cool, though. All we have are those little cartoons that play on the screen after you roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *comes back* *looks* <_< Why are my replies to you always so looongg? @_@ >_> *goes to bed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? SO awesome. Ahh, thanks :)
      Your youth group sounds so awesome. Youth group is hardly a serious event in our church. In all honesty, I would love to switch churches, but my family seems to really enjoy this one. I know I wouldn't like a church without SOME social aspects, but this is kind of going too far. Just wait till you see my post on camp. @_@
      Aw, that sounds nice. x) Heart-to-heart talks are the best.

      XD!! LOL! I'm getting it this week, definitely. ^_^ lol Jamie. xD Oh, I know. I heard great things about it. Well, I remember you telling me about it. I was going to get the other Bible I was raving about, but it was really expensive, so I thought I would look up info about the Fire Bible. @_@ It looks amazing! They have one for 20 bucks less than the other one I wanted! :D!

      Eeeep! Thanks! :D I'm trying so hard to maintain that perspective. I know I'm a good artist in some respects, but oh man, meeting Taylor Swift? O_O There are thousands of way better artists than I am, and just because I have a friend involved in the community means I get an opportunity thousands dream of? But EEEP, meeting my first celebrity! That would be so great. :D

      Ick... so many bi-polar feelings. xD Mentally askew. *breathes* You're right, I need to take this to Jesus.

      I know!! x) I love it so much! You do so many radical things. It's so liberating. Thanks for reminding me. ^_^ I love the song, by the way!

      lol *hi5* xD Oh man, the disco lights/fake fire distracted me so much. In the middle of my turn all of a sudden they shut off half of the lights, disco balls turn on, really bad music starts playing, and fake fire shoots out of the sides of the walls. @_@ There was a birthday party, so I guess that's why they did it. Seriously, they should give some warning. xD

      Hehe, yay, I love your replies. ;)

      Delete
  3. I may never understand what's exciting about getting to meet a celebrity... but I can see that it would be a blessing for you, so that's cool!! ^_^ I hope you get to! ;D When are you going to post your picture on your art blog? =P

    Yeah. x) *loves such talks*

    lol! xD No, the look I gave her wasn't meant to be a >_>... It was more of an amused V_v xD It's because I read slightly faster than Rachel does... So I was already on the next paragraph when she freaked out. "A big highlight to this day: Rachel made a blog post, which I love. :'')" I thought she was all excited that she caused a highlight in your day. xD Which IS something to be excited about, but I wouldn't have expected such an extreme reaction. xD Made more sense when she said that it was about the Fire Bible. u_u ;D

    Yeah, good perspective to keep. ;)

    Living each day like one's last... it really is cool. x) Sometimes when I'm riding in the car or something, I think to myself, "If we got in an accident and I died today... would that be okay?" Like going on a trip. Or like moving. "Is my suitcase fully packed? Any last minute preparation I need to do? Am I forgetting something?" In that kind of way. =P So then I start thinking, "Well, it would be cool to write a few letters to my friends and family to tell them that I love them and goodbye, until our next meeting... and I haven't planned out my funeral yet... and I haven't found a new home for my bird yet... and it would be nice to have one more journal entry before I go..." but then I stop and chuckle at myself, because none of that really matters that much, and it would be awesome to go HOME... at any time. x)

    Wow! o.o Fake fire shooting out of the sides of the walls!! That part sounds awesome. :D And yeah, bowling is fun! Even though knocking down all the pins seems practically impossible most of the time... xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've always looked up to Taylor Swift. ^_^ To actually meet her is a privilege I match up to, say, meeting you or Rachel. You guys are my celebrities. xD
      I am making a post today!! :D!!!

      x)

      LOL! That's hilarious. xD But yeah, I'm super psyched for it. ^_^

      ^_^

      *nods* I see... yeah, before a big trip, I feel like I have to pet my rabbit a certain number of times. Before I sleep, I always have to kiss him and tell him I love him. Or else the whole night is off. :\ Or I just get up, annoy my parents, and do it right then and there. xD Ah... but you're right, in light of eternity, none of that matters. x)

      I know! So distracting though. And it scared me so much, because there was no warning. xD LOL I lost both times... I only got a 50-something and a 40-something... :P Practice makes perfect, eh? xD

      Delete
  4. *chuckles* =) xD

    Yay! ^_^

    Great! =D

    Yeah, like that! ;D Mhhmmm, in light of eternity... x)
    Do you think you'll be seeing Boxer again in Heaven? =D There's a lot of controversial opinions about pets in Heaven. xD *has come to a conclusion on it* But yeah, what are your thoughts?

    Haha! Well, I would have liked being scared by that. =P But you really really would have appreciated a warning, I see? ;D Haha, I'm sure I would have gotten an even worse score. xD I don't even know how the scoring works! I've gone bowling, like, two or three times in my life... =P No practice or perfection here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. xD

    :D

    Hmm... I haven't thought about it much. I wish they were... :[ A kid said that he saw heaven during an illness of his (I don't know if you've heard of the story: http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158) and he saw animals there [along with Jesus, who had shining blue eyes. :""DD!!!!]. I don't know whether it was a vision, a dream, or what... but for my sake, I have to hold on to that hope. Ignoring the little boy's vision, I don't believe animals have souls. :\ I don't think we'll see them there. It makes me sad, but I know God had a purpose. Perhaps animals were meant to only be earthly companions.

    xD It was alright. ^_^ Very fun. lol!! As long as you're having fun doing it, it doesn't matter. Not counting Wii bowling, this was the third time I've ever bowled. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, I skimmed through that in the bookstore once! Looks pretty epic. ^_^
    Yeah, I don't think they have souls either... but I still like to imagine them in Heaven. I mean, they may well only be earthly companions... but Heaven is beyond our wildest dreams, yes? =D So it's fun to dream wild. xD

    True, true! ;D

    ReplyDelete