Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life Update

I've been hiding from this blog for a while... I've been using quotes and music to make up for my lack of posting. Now it's time to make a legitimate post!
So Sunday was a beautiful Palm Sunday/April fools day. The service was lovely, and everything was so beautiful! The story captivates me so. And no, I didn't fool anyone. >:(
Anyways, this girl that I talk to made a rude comment at me during coffee hour. e_e I didn't address it, but I need to next week. I can't let my friends have power over me. (I let enough people have power over me...) I can't let this happen again.
It's sad. You shouldn't have to keep your guard up in a church. Church is a hospital for the broken. She was in no place to say anything. >:[ I'm going to try and address the issue in a calm way next week. I'll tell you guys what she says. Prayers are appreciated!
I said that I wouldn't post about struggles with my faith. That's because I don't want to preach to anyone who doesn't need it or make anyone have an un-necessary downfall where I have a downfall. I have an idea of who reads this, but I'm not sure of who else. So just to be careful, I'll post the positives.
First and foremost, I've been striving for the wrong things. I've been comparing myself to other Christians and seeing how better they are than I am. I've been wanting their faith. I've been striving for the good in myself.
But you see, I can never earn my way, I can never do enough. And that is why we celebrate Easter. Because Jesus did what I could never do! When we first truly come to Christ, at that moment our names are in His book of life. At that moment, we are justified, righteous, and have become holy as He is holy. At that one moment, we are complete. Complete in Him only! How wrong we are when we chase after being justified, righteous, holy! Instead of our faith being a race to be complete, it becomes a journey to find out JUST HOW complete we really are. All because of Him. It is time to focus on Jesus and His goodness, mercy, and love rather than our brokenness.
The times I'm focusing on not sinning, is when I sin most of all. However, the times when I focus on Jesus, my sin life begins to die. As Max Lucado says what I believe now, "Turn toward God and He runs towards you."
Instead of striving for my good, I'm going to strive for His good. He is good, and I want to see more of that. And just like Moses after he saw God, it changes you. For the better. x)
On an unrelated topic, I got an Easter dress! It's a maxi dress. I am taller than I thought- I don't even have to hem it! I got a sweater to go with it, too. (The dress shows a lot of back.) However, I feel like a princess in it. I can't wait to wear it :)


School is improving slightly. I'm doing less frittering and more working. My grades have improved slightly in Algebra, so that's good. They've lessened in History, so that ISN'T good. Prayers are appreciated, thanks. I'm learning to sacrifice what I want to do with my morning (fritter) and give it all to God... and to my school work.
I'm trying to save money for a new Bible (my old one is just that... old! I want one that's a little bit smaller than normal, NIV version, black leather, simple. I have a life application bible which is HUGE. I want one that I can bring to church!), the book Living Crazy Love, some craft supplies, supplies to upcycle my desk, and some things for my wall. So far I have $21.00. I'll keep saving before I buy anything.

That will be all. May He bless you this week as He has blessed me. :]

Update: I FOUND MY NEW BIBLE <333 I want it so bad. @_@ It's just like my old one except wayyyy cooler!!! It's got leather, it's got tabs for books of the bible, it has NO catholic section, and it's black/blue (I like it way better than red/brown)!!! <3 I need it, I need it!! Here's the link to it.  

http://www.bibles.com/products/ABS_NEW/123021.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment