Friday, March 30, 2012

Past memories, present fears, grace, mercy, and beautiful moments. :)

Past memories: Looking back, I feel like I was clueless in some respects. Looking on today,  I feel rather content with what I know. Looking in the future, I'll probably think I'm clueless now. It's just how it is. We are constantly moving forward. Haven't you ever looked back on who you were a year or so ago and think, "Wow... I did not have a clue!" That's how I feel now. And that brings on:

Present fears: What if I make the same mistakes again? What if something comes along and I react the same I did years ago? I'm older now - what if my mistakes are more permanent?

I can't have that. I don't want this to happen...

See the pattern?

I realize, as I type this, self-centered self pity leads to a road full of disaster. In our short lives on earth, why waste them in fear? Why not bring them to a God full of grace? How I wish I could keep my thoughts under control!

Grace and mercy: x) The crowns of my life; Grace and mercy. Such beautiful, delicate words. We need both these things. Have you ever thought of why?

Grace: Receiving things we don't deserve.
Mercy: NOT receiving things we DO deserve.

Yes... Grace and Mercy work together beautifully. My life is an assortment of these lovely things.
Grace can be found in many things. I see His grace in the friends He gives me, the family He has supplied me with, my rabbit, times of laughter... Moments. Beautiful moments. I don't deserve these moments. Why do I get them? I serve a beautiful God.


Beautiful moments: Life is full of moments... Beautiful moments. When you see one help another. When you smell your favorite scent, wafting through the air. A smile from your mom. A hug from your dad. It's the matter of slowing down and seeing those moments and appreciating them, because they've come from God. Those are the blessings God talked about in the beatitudes. We are truly blessed in God...
Like my desktop background says,



Yes, God gave us these moments for a reason. To enjoy them and spread the joy that comes from them with others. Family and friends. Yes...

Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always- I say it again, rejoice!

A quote from this blog says it another way: “God’s everywhere…. So beauty must be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment