I don't like calling myself a certain denomination. I don't know why that is such a big deal. To me personally, it is kind of weird. I read the Bible, and I go to church. I pray my prayers, and I make my faith public on social networking sites. This isn't going to get me to live eternally with God unless I personally have a relationship. And I do. (And it's awesomeeee :)))
You know, it's a very good thing to share your faith. But if someone is uncomfortable with your Christianity, then you are shoving it down their throat. God wants us to share Him with love in our hearts and compassion in our voices. You don’t have to prove that you believe in Him to anyone, because that relationship is just you and God; a personal, intimate thing. If you want to share his love to someone, it should be by the friendship that you build with that person, not by your holy words.
Being a light will come through naturally, when your heart is devoted to hearing His voice for yourself.
This is what God has called me to do, I believe; to serve, to love, to care for the broken. He's called all of us to do that. My heart breaks for a sick animal, a hurting human, or the homeless man with no shoes. I can't imagine doing anything else with my time; it would kill me. But I can't do this on my own, rather Christ does this through me. When I serve, my hands become Christ's hands. When I talk about God's love, my lips become His lips, and when I pray, my heart of stone becomes a heart of flesh. This is why we live, and this is why we are on earth!! There isn't a good bone in our bodies, and He knows that. He loves us enough to torture Himself on a cross and die. I am so glad He's teaching me this; that faith and trust and love overcome any sin.
For so long, it's always been about me and what I've done. Now it's what God has done. And what He WILL do through me.
*Like* You're so awesome, Brianna. x)
ReplyDelete:") No, YOU are.
Delete