Friday, February 17, 2012
Abalone Shells
I am writing about something different. You see these pictures? Both of these pictures are very different. But did you know that these two pictures are of the same kind of shell? The first picture is of the outside of the abalone shell. You can see the damage; it is unable to be polished or made beautiful. It is damaged beyond repair. The second picture is a picture of the inside of the abalone shell. It will never be fully damaged. It is always radiant; it is always shining! The more you polish it, the more colors you see.
I think that abalone shells are like people. The outside appearance of them may be different, or disheveled looking. There may be some rough spots. But I think that the most beautiful part of people is their insides... Beyond the appearances, there are rainbows, or good things inside. There is something good in everyone. I think God had fun making these shells.
We should never, ever rely on appearances for people. Everyone deserves a chance. Like this shell. That's why I love the quote from a song by Misty Edwards: "I'm not going to waste my time living on the outside. I'm going to live from the inside out."
I think that the opposite is true, too. Someone may look beautiful and seem all together, but their insides are broken. We may not look to them for someone to encourage, but everyone has a story. We just need to take the time and listen to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment