Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Great Shepherd

I'm reading a verse a day of Psalm 34 and it's changing my life.


I wanted to keep this private, between me and God, but I see the extravagance of His love and I don't want to keep it in. I can't hide my walk with Him from others. We have our closets with God, but it's important to share, and be open. Let the light shine, you know? Opening up and letting the Light in. :)


This Psalm relates so much to my testimony. I just flipped past it randomly. I read the idea on some blog to read through a verse a day of any chapter in the Bible to grasp the meaning better. I thought "Hey, why not a Psalm," and boom. I went there.


It's about 22 verses. I'm on day 8, going on day 9, and it's been tremendous. I've always felt like the Psalms are so emotionally packed, it's impossible to grasp the full meaning in a single read. And I thought reading a verse a day would cause me to not be as focused on God, that a whole chapter is better for some weird reason. I was wrong. This is amazing.


I see things clearer in my life, things I need to remove, and things I need to add. God is removing the veil over my eyes. I feel lighter, joyful even. Nothing holds the pressure it did before. God is holding me, therefore I am safe. He delights in the well-being of His children. :) That's in a literal verse in the Bible! How does that not bring joy!


Steady Heart, lead me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment