Monday, September 22, 2014

To my pastor

When I look at the world around me, when I look at the mercy of God, when I look at the cross... I don't see a God who would force His will upon people. I see a God who is endlessly patient. (Psalm 103:8) I see a God that doesn't want anyone to perish. (2nd Peter 3:9) I don't understand how you could say that God controls people, that He forces Himself onto others. I see Him drawing, loving. Not manipulating, or using us as puppets. He calls. He woos. He speaks tenderly to His children. (Hosea 2:14)


Your sermon rattled me to my core. I don't know why this sermon came at such a time in which I feel most comfortable with the congregation. I love talking to everyone. They are all so kind... but I cannot attend with a clear conscience when I know your vision of God is tainted by these lies. That you preach these "truths" to these innocent sheep, myself included. You made me cry. God demands we be reverent of Him, but that made me afraid. Terrified. I am not pleased. Lord, speak to your children's hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment