I've been sick lately. Can you pray for me? This isn't something I can put on Facebook.
I have had stomach issues, and I feel okay, but bathroom trips have been much more frequent. I just feel really drained, tired, etc... I woke up one morning feeling incredibly hot and incredibly cold and I could barely stand up. It's been three days or so of this pattern, and I'm tired of being this unproductive blob on the couch. The hot and cold has stopped, I have a consistent body temp now.
Being sick made me think of all the kids that are stuck in the hospital for years, with illnesses and chemo treatments much more severe than I could ever imagine. And I knew that God loved them in their state, even if they weren't doing everything all at once 24/7. I know that sounds like a selfish thing for me to say, but sometimes I fall back into thinking it's about what I do that makes God love me.
I wish I could read the Bible with a headache, but it's hard to concentrate. I wish I could focus on doing school on the couch, but it's hard to sit up.
Please pray for my health. And my ability to push through this exhaustion to at least pray to Him.
Dear one, don't be ashamed of your battle. To know one's own value based on reality rather than behavior or abilities is one of the biggest battles we all face. And this battle has been won. I'm proud of you for being aware and purposing to enforce this victory. :) And for your health, too! You are in my prayers.
ReplyDelete