Friday, November 15, 2013

Consistency

God has been emphasizing His consistency lately. Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. If I have a bad day, and I open up to Psalm 23, He is still the same loving shepherd He always has been.
"Circumstances don't dictate His love for me" - These were the words I wrote almost exactly a year ago on the front page of my Bible. And I finally get it. It is sinking in.
I haven't found consistency in many kids my age. Circumstances change, and people change with circumstances. In fact, God uses circumstances to change people. But God? He doesn't change with these circumstances. It may feel like He does, but that's actually because WE have.
These ideas are still forming in my mind, these ideas that are finally dropping down into my heart. But God is showing me His consistency, and it's life-changing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwX_EpNR4CA#t=259

No comments:

Post a Comment