Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dear reader,

I could rewrite the first sentence of this letter blogpost over and over, but all I really want to say is that I am thankful, and I hope you are today, also.

God is a healer, and I am His daughter. He makes beautiful things out of me, even when I see nothing good except for my acceptance of my bad.
Does that make sense?
I stand in the rain, and I begin to get drenched. My tears blend with the drops of rain, and I whisper, "Why are You so good and I am so bad?" And I keep staring at the rain, and I realize how simple it is.
God's love for us is based on His Fatherly qualities. His love for us is because God is love Himself. His love is eternal because He is the source of all love! God is love! Haha!
I was aware of my height, but I never felt smaller. I remembered that God said to give up child-ish ways, but I thought that meant to give up being a child. No. He was talking about love.

1 Corinthians 13 is all of this stuff about love, and then this random section pops up in verses 11 and 12. I remember, even as a kid, wondering why that was there:

 ~   Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:8-12

It completely clicked today. This rain washed over all of the complicated ideas I tried to make love out to be. This is here, because he wants us to stop thinking of love as a mere feeling, or something that can fail (Love never fails...). Love is something much more than whether or not we are good (Love bears all things). Love bears all of our weaknesses. Love rejoices in our truth. Love does not tolerate evil. Love is God. God bears all of our weaknesses, God rejoices in our truth. It finally clicked.

Day 18, and God is more love to me than He ever has been - because He is LOVE. That is who He is. That is His identity. If you want Jesus to be Himself, accept His love and grace over your heart. Accept what He has done for you, because THAT is Jesus. Anything else is a lie.

1 comment: