Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Showers...

So I tried this diet, where you only eat 8 hours out of the day. I chose the 12-8 window... and before the day was over I had a headache. I thought maybe it was from working out so hard, but no... I woke up with it as well, even after taking Advil. e_e Stupid blood sugar... It sucks I can't do that diet, but I am doing a variation of it, which I hope will work just as well!
I am weighing myself on Friday, and I will report my gain/loss... I won't give actual numbers of where I am at now, though. Maybe one day I'll be comfortable doing that, but today is not that day! I am excited that I am progressing, at least in my health, even if it isn't my weight.

I will do a more formal update sometime this or next month... I haven't had much to blog about. Even if I did, it would probably change anyway. :P Nothing is certain lately, but I am glad Jesus is. That we can rely on Him, despite the circumstances!

Breaking News: I finished the Circle series... oh my goodness. o_o Best series I have ever read. And I've read a lot of crappy books in my days. xD But this... oh man! I am seeing God and others differently because of it. I see equality between us, and love as the only weapon the devil can't take away. I see God gives love, He is in an active pursuit of the individual, and that we are His bride. His bride!!! Isn't that beautiful? Made me cry. I had heard it before, but it never sank in. Can't thank Marissa enough for giving me those books!!!!
But now a huge chunk of my day is taken out, so I feel very empty. :S I think I will reread it. It won't be as exciting, but I may get more out of it, who knows?
I'll wait to reread, though; I think I need the extra time. I feel like God is opening up opportunities to help and serve, and I don't want to miss them because I am entangled in a book. (Even if it is the best series I've read.) @_@

I want to start reading the Narnia series again... I read them when I was about 6-10 years old... but I think I'd get a lot more out of them if I read them again. I think I only read 3-4 of the books anyway. I can't wait for the summer!
This might sound sort of funny, but my orthodontist is a really great guy. xD He was talking about how he is reading the biographies of all of the presidents- he has read 7 of them so far! He joked and said he hopes he can finish all 50+ before he dies, which I think he can-- he is in his 70s. xD The way he put it was funny, though. Anyway, I think I'm going to do that, too. Maybe not in a condensed amount of time, but I'd like to try!!
Seeing my orthodontist is the only thing getting me through braces. e_e And, of course, the knowledge my teeth will be straight for once. My lips and cheeks get cut up at random times, and then I end up talking/smiling weird. Eh, I'll get over it. xD

Sending out those letters soon for my trip! :) Prayers are in order!

Easter was nice; went to the pastors house, and ate dinner with their family as well as a few others. It was Alain's birthday, which was nice. And rare, a birthday on Easter! Anyway, he is a really nice guy, I like hanging with him. :) He puts out a tough guy front, which is dumb, but you can really see the innocence of him. xD I hope to talk with more and more as the weeks go on!
I wished we could have had Easter dinner at home, but what we did was nice, too. I got very bored and tired at the end, but I am doing better at lasting longer in social settings. I am learning not to laugh when something isn't funny, though-- I do that a lot. xD Nervous laughter is pointless when I'm not nervous, so I am going to stop.

This Lent season was tough. I learned though, I have an unhealthy hold on what I was giving up. So I decided and prayed, and have permanently given them up. It's hard, going cold turkey, but I'm doing this for Jesus. :) It was sort of an idol, so I am giving it to Him. The least I can do, after all He did for me! Again, my day has more time now. Time to fill it with good things.

If you have any good book suggestions, ideas that could become a hobby, things to draw, music to listen to, and just things that are fulfilling to accomplish, please comment and let me know. I didn't realize how much I read the Circle Series and went on those blogs until now. o.o

Oh, and I have a harp ensemble concert on April 21st!!! Incredibly blessed and happy!!

So yeah... may God smile on you today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment