breathed another worried breath
She closed her eyes to see clearer
that’s how she conquered
death
She closed her eyes to see clearer
that’s how she conquered
death
Yet her heart lept and drummed and raced
tears slid down her cheeks again
fear was so close for being dead
that’s when she wondered
why
tears slid down her cheeks again
fear was so close for being dead
that’s when she wondered
why
Yes, pointlessly
she kept worry
close to her cold trembling breast
For God was near, yet up above
that’s when she whispered
stay
close to her cold trembling breast
For God was near, yet up above
that’s when she whispered
stay
With me,
sweet Jesus, stay with me
your love anoints me with peace
Courage does not remove the fear
that’s why I felt so
alive
---
Feeling afraid or anxious or having insomnia isn't news to me. I realized, though, it doesn't define me or who I am, and that it's only a season that I'm going through, and I will make it out okay. Plus I worry too much! :P Courage isn't always the absence of fear, so I can fully smile and say I'm alive, and God is near, closer than my breath, even if I don't feel Him. :) And that's okay too. And that's why I wrote the poem.
your love anoints me with peace
Courage does not remove the fear
that’s why I felt so
alive
---
Feeling afraid or anxious or having insomnia isn't news to me. I realized, though, it doesn't define me or who I am, and that it's only a season that I'm going through, and I will make it out okay. Plus I worry too much! :P Courage isn't always the absence of fear, so I can fully smile and say I'm alive, and God is near, closer than my breath, even if I don't feel Him. :) And that's okay too. And that's why I wrote the poem.
That's beautiful, Evelyn! =] Both the poem and your realization.
ReplyDelete