So I am going to "seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to [me] as well." I am going to take a break from Facebook and other blogs for a week. If it becomes longer, then it's longer! But I need to be still and know He is God, and I am going to find out for myself in His Word just how much He loves me.
The countless songs that say God loves me, I guess it never sunk in. It's been a year for searching, a year for looking for God, and I did, I really found Him! But it's time I take action, and stop just absorbing new information, and start accepting what I know, the fact that God loves me so much, He died for me, and doesn't want me to take any emotional or physical abuse from anybody (not that I've ever been physically abused before.). He loves everyone, but has a special love for His children. :)
God values me as His child, an individual, His precious lamb. I want that acceptance to allow me to stand up for myself, because I can say, "Hey, I'm important, I'm loved, and you aren't allowed to treat me that way."
I would say I'm entering 'the realm that once was', but this isn't a total technology break. Just a stripping-away of the things that most direct me away from Him. This song really reflects my heart right now, and I need to strip all of the idols away.
I'd like to believe I gave my future to Jesus, to let Him control it, but it's time I let go of the past. The past hurts, doubts, and insecurities. I've been making those an idol, but I don't need to answer to them anymore. I answer to Him. It's high time I accept that!
Psalm 94:18-19 --
When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.
your consolation brought me joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment