Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Harp Ensemble

I arrived at the church around 12:30. There really wasn't anyone there except for this one girl. She seemed as lost as I did (lol) so I introduced myself. She is 14, as I am. Has been playing the harp for 2 years, as I have. And she lives in Ridgewood, New Jersey! That's where I took harp for my first year! @_@ Small world, right? xD It was nice to hang with her.
We practiced for about 3 hours. Intense. @_@ I was so hungry and tired. Katie (the girl I mentioned) and I went to the cafe together. Another pleasant time. ^_^
So yep, practice aside, the actual recital went even better! I messed up a big portion of one song, but it was great. I didn't shake and I remembered to praise God during the songs. I need to remember to do that more.
By this time, I was exhausted.@_@ But there's more.
There was a small reception afterwards and I thanked my teacher and the other teachers that helped me practice. They were so happy! It was infectious. ^_^
Afterwards we went to eat at my favorite pizza place in Little Italy. Piezanos. x) I think that's how you spell it... Then we ate canolis!! :"D We all got jumbo ones. xD

So yep, Jesus was present. ^_^ Can't wait to go next year!

This isn't my harp- one I borrowed. It's gorgeous though ^_^




This shows about 17 harps. :D


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! =D Isn't it great how He gives us little surprises and gifts? (=

    ReplyDelete