I actually listened to Lecrae today. He's a rapper, and he is really good at what he does. He has a powerful testimony, his lyrics are cool, and I usually hate rap, so this was a good change of scenery.
He said in one of his lyrics that we're saints. I forget what song, but he did. I was like... "<.< Who is this guy kidding! We are all sinners! Man... He's a bit out of it and selfish. >.>"
But then I googled, what does the Bible say about us being saint-like? I thought it wouldn't. And then I came up with A WHOLE BUNCH of verses on it. @_@ That was intense.
So... what I've learned is that God considers those who love Him and His kingdom pretty great. :] And that's nice.
I've been struggling with feeling accepted by Him. Because of all of my (and our) sin, you would think that He just wants us to bow down in reverent fear of Him and stick to His rules so He'll love us. While He DOES want us to bow in reverence to Him, He wants us to know that we are sooo complete in Him. And He loves us already. Forever. Ahh... x)
So yeah, two things:
1. Go on THIS LINK
2. Listen to Lecrae! :)
Have a wonderful Easter! Yay! I am so excited.
I saw him at a concert last month... I'm not a huge fan of all-rap all the time artists, but I was pretty impressed with him. His words were clear, the lyrics were AWESOME, and he seemed like a really humble guy. Pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteAw man, that sounds like a lot of fun! Yeah, he doesn't hide the meaning with a lot of odd music. Rap is not my thing at ALL. He is the only rapper I've found that I like. I need to send you a video I downloaded. It was of him sharing his testimony. He walks his talk, and that's really great :)
Delete