Saturday, February 4, 2012

So!!!

The super bowl is tomorrow, which is a pretty awesome thing. Youth group has a super bowl party, which I'm pretty excited for. I like the people there.
On a lighter note, I broke my braces. It hasn't even been a week. I brushed my teeth to hard! I'm still not used to this. It sucks, to put it mildly. I would like to swallow without having food stuck to my teeth. It's such an embarrassment, I can't eat in public without being ashamed. I just want this to be over, and now I have to go again to the orthodontist! Ugh. -_- I miss Sour Patch Kids.
Yeah, that's whats up. I'll be posting next week. Not much; I have school. But I'll find the time. I just need a breather. I can't let this break go on forever. I need to face my doubts. *sigh*

Pray for my friend. I can't get into details, but her father is abusive. She doesn't know what to do. God is using this situation for some reason, and I don't know how to comfort her. She is a Christian, but has her doubts about God, like anyone, so please pray for an opportunity for escape to come. Thanks. :]

2 comments:

  1. I think the warm fuzzy feelings is what we all live for, that have experienced it. It's an awesome thing.
    In the Tae KwonDo class I took one of the values was Pol-gwe, which means "striving for perfection". We know we can never be perfect, but it's a good thing to work for anyway. It's important to realize that we don't /have/ to be perfect at all, because that's what Jesus came for! So that we don't have to be. It's actually a really relieving thought, I think. ;D I know I can't be perfect, but I can do my best. He'll do the rest. So yeah, If you feel compelled to read your Bible, whatever, go for it! Just don't make like a huge study of it that makes you miserable. <_< Do it just because you love Him and want to hear what He has to say.
    And if you need to say something, or talk about it or don't know what to do, just talk to Him about it. "Cast your cares on Him, because He cares for you". And... well I'm always here if you ever want to talk too. ;) I don't really know what else to tell you beyond that, Brianna. Hang in there. This too shall pass. I'll be praying for ya. Love ya lots! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, it's true. God wants us to try and be more like Him. But like the Crazy Love book said, doing it out of duty is wrong! And that's what I've been doing. There hasn't been joy in my faith. But He's changing that, slowly but surely. I can feel it. The sparkle is coming back. :D I do love Him, and I want to hear what He has to say. You're right.
    Thanks, Rachel. That means a lot to me. Thanks for being such a good friend. Love you, too! <3

    ReplyDelete