Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Psalm 51

Hello! It's been a while. God has been teaching me a lot... I've been praying the prayer of Psalm 51 quite often lately. I realize how much I've been falling back as a school person, a daughter, and a Christian. My true potential lies so farther ahead than I thought it did! I just have so much clutter in my head that needs clearing. "Create in me a clean heart, O God." Yes... I will be praying this for a while. I think, actually, for a lifetime.
Anyway, I started a Bible reading plan. I think I'll be finishing in 6 months. I read the books Ruth and Exodus today as well as Psalms 1-7 and Proverbs 12. Ruth and Exodus are so great; they are both stories of loyalty, and perseverance and how well that pays off. Exodus taught me that God uses every experience for His glory, not ours, and we should stay humble and submit to Him. It may seem dull, drab, boring, or even stupid at the time. But God delivered all those who were faithful to Him.
Ruth is a great book, too. I've read it before, but it's still great. It talks about friendship. True friendship. And how it can overcome any situation. Naomi suffered so much, but Ruth stayed with her and helped her get back on her feet. God is even more persistent to us than Ruth was to Naomi. *sigh* I love those stories.
Please pray for a friend of mine. I've known her since I was 2 years old, but she has been acting like she doesn't know God. She believes there is a God, and asked Him into her heart when she was 5. I know that God is working inside of her, and will soon bring her around, but right now she seems so lost. So pray for God's mercy and compassion on her so He may bring her to her senses.
Oh, I got braces! :) I'll post a picture in a week, once the orthodontist fixes them again next week. For now, stay curious! God bless!

Update: I want to enjoy the Bible, and not force-feed it to myself in 6 months. I stopped the plan and am reading at the pace that is most comfortable to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment