I’ve
been confused about this topic for a while, so I just want to post my belief on
it. Francis Chan has helped me form a lot of my opinions as a believer.
However, since I am not a Francis Chan, bear with me if I make some Biblical errors.
The
Bible says that God hates lukewarm Christians. (Revelation 3:16) From my
understanding, this implies that lukewarm Christians aren’t really Christians-
we won’t see them in heaven.
This is
very true. You see, I believe that it only matters where your heart is. When
you help a neighbor, do you do it out of obligation or the joy of doing it? I
believe that lukewarm Christians suffer from lack of acceptance; they haven’t accepted
fully what Jesus really accomplished on the cross. They treat living their
faith as a boring chore, instead of a joyful experience.
I was
reading yesterday, and I came across a passage in 1 Corinthians 3. Verses 13-15
state this:
“[T]heir work will be shown for what it is,
because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the
fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built
survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be
saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.”
I have
read this before, but I never understood what it meant. It says those who do
good deeds out of obligation will have their deeds tested in the fire. They
will still be saved. But they will not receive the full
benefits of their Christian faith. (And they will be a little bit injured on
the way… o_o)
How do we take our relationship to the next step with God? What does that mean anyway? Francis
Chan helped me immensely on the topic. He said that if we pray for more Heavenly
love, that results in more love, which results in more prayer, which results in
more love… Now isn’t that wonderful? :) I just wanted to share all of
this with you. It’s a wonderful thing, to walk the narrow road with Jesus. I pray
we all learn to achieve its full potential.
Don’t be
discouraged, though! Absolutely nothing
is perfect, and absolutely all things
take time. No one will have the
perfect faith. It’s the matter to possess the desire. That desire will bring
you on an epic journey. The journey is one that brings excitement to any and
every soul willing to experience it.
You know
the song lyrics that go, “In His time… He makes all things beautiful in His
time…” Well, that’s a picture we need to take to heart; a picture of a
merciful, patient, loving, and forgiving God. That’s the God we worship. He’s
the only God.
Yes,
that is what I’ve been taught lately. I am so thankful that is God willing to
teach! A lot of this you probably already know, but it’s a wonderful thing to
have your eyes opened to the new in the old.
Today
has been fantastic. :) The sky is bright, yet cloudy.
French toast with bananas was for breakfast. <3 I got to eat gold fish (not
actual fish… the crackers. >_>) with lunch! :D I got an okay grade on my
first big History test. I perfected a portion of a song on the harp. I
listened to the great Charles Stanley. I even listened to some groovy tunes. 8)
Next exciting thing in my life is.... PALM SUNDAY!!
I am so
excited for Palm Sunday!! :”D I love Easter!! :D!! I’m in the praise team, so
now I get to sing on Easter!! Up there with everyone!! ON EASTER!!! ON EASTER!!!!!! OH MY WORD, I’M SOOO EXCITED!!! @_@ :""D
I would
wear a nice dress, but I only own one and it’s sleeveless. I would ask to buy another one, but I don’t know if I can find an okay one in
time. I guess I could wear a sweater with the one I have, but it’s going to be
so cold Sunday. @_@ *sigh* I’ll have to find something.
Well, it
was nice talking to you, Blog. xD Bye!
I remember talking about this in the Bible Chat. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo do I! :) It's so great when we can all benefit from each others questions :"D
Delete